Saturday, November 23, 2013

Justification

**
 painting by Lucas Cranach on Lutheran teachings
**
"We shall grow in grace, but we shall never be more completely pardoned than when 
we first believed: we shall one day stand before the glorious presence of God in his 
own sacred courts, and see the Well-beloved and wear his likeness, but we shall not 
even then be more perfectly forgiven than we are at this present moment."
"Alas, I may be sinning, for even in the holiest deeds we do there is still sin, but even 
then God is still forgiving. If indeed you are a believer in Jesus Christ the Lord is at 
all times forgiving you: as constant as your sin so constant is his forgiveness."
"You are often sinning, but he is always forgiving you; you are often wandering, often 
erring, often grieving him, but “he forgiveth all thine iniquities.” I do not feel like 
preaching when I touch this text. I heartily wish I could sit down and have a happy 
cry over this blessed truth that my God is at this moment forgiving me."
C.H. Spurgeon